lw789

ces on the pitch. Andros Townsend Town

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:34 am

ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals recalled prize prospect Oscar Taveras from Triple-A Memphis and plugged him right into the lineup to make his major league debut against the Giants. "You know what Im supposed to do is downplay it, right?" manager Mike Matheny said before Saturdays game. "Id be lying to you to say I wasnt excited for him." The 21-year-old Taveras didnt downplay it, either. This is his first look at Busch Stadium. "Oh, man," he said before the game, "Im so happy. I know when I hit for the first time, with the fans, itll be awesome for me." Taveras batted sixth and played right field. He got a standing ovation before flying out to left to end the second. "Weve got enough very, very good players that were not going to rely on him to shoulder this," Matheny said. "I do believe he can be an addition to something good. "Weve got an opportunity for a couple weeks to see what this kid can do." Matheny said Taveras was welcomed just like any other rookie, joking that balloons were not involved. "This is a big day, regardless of all the hype, for any of our guys. Its a huge accomplishment," Matheny said. "To be on this roster for one day, whether player or not is a big, big deal." First baseman Matt Adams was placed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday with a left calf strain thats dogged him for several days. The move is retroactive to Friday. Cardinals trainers dont believe Adams will be available until early next week. Hes among the league leaders with a .325 average with three homers and 17 RBIs. "The tightness is just not coming along as fast as we wanted," Adams said. "I want be out there doing everything I can to help the team compete. Its very disappointing." Taveras was batting a team-leading .325 at Memphis with seven home runs and 40 RBIs in 49 games. The 21-year-old, left-handed hitter was starting in right field and batting sixth. Taveras had been on track to make his debut last year before season-ending ankle surgery. The Cardinals signed Taveras as an international free agent in 2008. He has a .321 average with 52 homers and 315 RBIs in 423 career minor league games. He won batting titles in 2011 and 2012. Custom San Antonio Spurs Jerseys .Y. -- The Buffalo Bills will head into the regular season short on experience at quarterback after trimming the roster on Friday. Pau Gasol Jersey . Englands only win in the four most recent trips north had been tight, and Scotland was expected after losing 28-6 to Ireland six days ago to show some venom against its archrival. http://www.shopspursauthentic.com/Cheap ... rs-Jersey/. HABS HEADED TO CONFERENCE FINAL The Montreal Canadiens scored early in Game Seven, built a lead and protected it well on their way to a 3-1 series-clinching win over the Boston Bruins. While this game or series isnt necessarily a referendum on the value of fourth lines, the Canadiens certainly benefitted from production lower down their forward depth chart. Sean Elliott Jersey . 1 goaltender tonight when they conclude a four-game road trip versus the Winnipeg Jets. Tony Parker Jersey . Sizemore, who turned 29 on Jan. 4, has been limited to six games over the past two seasons because of an injured left knee that twice required surgery. He originally got hurt on Feb. 25, 2012, during a fielding drill in Oaklands first full-squad spring training workout and had surgery that March 21 to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament.Andros Townsend is keen to make Roy Hodgson’s job as difficult as possible as he looks to secure his place in the final 23-man England squad for Euro 2016. Townsend struggled for form and game time with Tottenham at the start of the season but a £12m move to Newcastle in January has reinvigorated him.The 24-year-old has turned in some impressive performances for the Magpies and although it was ultimately not enough to keep Newcastle in the Premier League, it helped secure a berth in Hodgsons provisional 26-man squad for this summers tournament in France. Townsend says his move to Newcastle was the catalyst for his recall Some people were reporting I was in the squad, some that I was out, so it was real relief when I was named in the provisional squad. Now it is up to me to force my way into the final 23, Townsend told Sky Sports News HQ.The start of the season was a disappointment but I always had the faith that if I could get a run of games, my form would get back to where I want it to be and I could break back into the England squad.It has worked out that way, so I am delighted.Hodgson is known for showing loyalty to players he feels have performed well for England, regardless of how they are doing at club level. The manager has to pick 23 players and it is going to be extremely difficult for him. My job is to make it even more difficult with my performances on the pitch. Andros Townsend Townsend knows that may not be enough to secure a place in the managers final selection, though, and he is keen to impress in the upcoming friendlies against Turkey and Australia before the squad is trimmed.I know loyalty is not going to get me on the plane to France, I need to play well in the friendlies if I am given game time, added Townsend.ddddddddddddThe manager has to pick 23 players from 26 and I know it is going to be extremely difficult for him. My job is to make it even more difficult with my performances on the pitch.Hopefully I can do enough to make that final cut. Townsends form improved greatly after his move to Newcastle in January Townsend has been reunited with five former Spurs colleagues at Englands training camp at St Georges Park and he admits he is pleasantly surprised by just how well they performed this season.They have been incredible. We all knew they had talent but for Tottenham to be challenging for the title so soon, the manager [Mauricio Pochettino] has done a fantastic job and that will benefit England not only at this tournament, but in the future as well, he said.You look at the likes of Dele Alli, he has no fear, and if he gets the chance in France he will play with the same freedom. Gary Cahill was absent with a minor knock as Englands Euro 2016 squad trained for the first time We have got a great squad and players playing at the very highest level. We will be a match for anyone, whichever squad the manager takes out.We are going to be challenging and hopefully we can go all the way. Whichever 23 the manager picks, I am sure they are not going to fear anyone out in France. Also See: Bertrand: The dream is to win it Cahill sidelined by injury Rooney happy up top for England England fixtures Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “RAM - Forum”